Saturday, July 11, 2015

Caturday Art: Rolling Stoned Again

I've got to say, Costuming really outdid themselves this week. We traveled back to the sixties, to celebrate peace and quiet and freedom from BANGS! Happily, the human tradition of the Festival of Gunpowder is over, and cat kind can nap again, safe and secure.

Groovylicious


The sixties had some really great tunes with deep meaningful lyrics. The Doors, Hendrix, Joplin...man, I could listen to this stuff all day. I have to work a sixties medley into the Van Meowlin' song list, it would be really fun to do on stage.

And I love the layout they did here. Check it out, I've got my very own Scooby Do Mystery Machine. And I'm wearing a roach clip. Ha-ha-ha, seriously!

(Note to costuming, hold on to this wig, I can wear it again for big haired 80's garage band days.)

Shagadelic


And check this out, I made the cover of Rolling Stoned, the magazine of popular catnip culture. I was trying do an impression somewhere between Jim Morrison and John Lennon. Do you think I pulled it off?

I mean, what a great way to end a week, getting honored like this!

Rolling Stoned


Hope your week was filled with peace, love and understanding. Be sure to check out the rest of the art on this Caturday Art Hop by clicking on the graphic below, and I'll see you on the flip side!

Caturday Art Blog Hop Button
Artwork ©Digicats (& Dogs)


5 comments:

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Those are great - you really do a wonderful job with your art.

Kitties Blue said...

How come we didn't know about your blog? What a flashback you gave our old mom with this groovy post. The costumes are purrfect. Can't wait to visit you again and check out your antics. Hope you can join us for Sunday Selfies tomorrow. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo from The Cat on My Head

Marie Symeou said...

So cool! The 60s had the most amazing music :)

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a great blog and artistic graphic of the 60s. Mom Paula says she remembers that time.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

These are fantastic!
Happy Caturday
Annabelle, Boo, Ping, and Mr Jinx