Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sleeping with the enemy

Well, the Paparazzi has been at it again and this time, my reputation will be quite damaged. This picture, which is set to post in this week's Nation Enquirer is real and un-retouched:

Sleeping with the enemy


I am indeed sleeping on the bed, not a cat length from the Demon Cat. In fact we're nearly close enough that I could touch her if I just put my paw out.

Sleeping with the enemy


And yes, I know she doesn't look very demonic in this picture but believe me, it was a fluke! We did have a boxing match in the hallway this weekend and she did whap at me during treat time - she always does.

As a result, I was out all of last night - and even got into a cat fight! But but none of my fans are going to believe all the suffering I've gone through when these photos come to light. I'm ruined - totally and completely ruined!

Paparazzi has been a theme all this week over at Tabbylicious. The bothered my beauty rest on Mancat Monday. Tuesday was Tabby TV time and I showed you some great work out routines as we got physical.

The paparazzi were all busy at the inauguration on Tuesday, so I did get some peace and quiet. But poor Mz. Franklin. Believe me, I can sympathize with those embarrassing photos.

And of course on Thursday, the whole freaking Mancat Discovery Channel was in here. So what's a fellow to do, but hide under the bed for the next two days!

The word paparazzi is an eponym originating in the 1960 film La dolce vita directed by Federico Fellini. One of the characters in the film is a news photographer named Paparazzo (played by Walter Santesso). In his book Word and Phrase Origins, Robert Hendrickson writes that Fellini took the name from an Italian dialect that describes a particularly annoying noise, that of a buzzing mosquito. In his school days, Fellini remembered a boy who was nicknamed "Paparazzo" (Mosquito), because of his fast talking and constant blurs, a name Fellini later applied to the fictional character in La dolce vita.

Anyway, now I have to do something about damage control. Wouldn't want anyone to think this sort of thing happens every day around here!

6 comments:

The Island Cats said...

You may need to hire a PR firm to handle all the flak you're gonna get with this!

Cory said...

My mom said if she sees the picture on the cover of the National Enquirer, she'll pick up a copy for me.

Monkey and Co. said...

This is my first time I looked at your blog.It is SOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!
Check out my blog Animal Attack

Parker said...

Tristan, I for one am happy that you two are at least getting a little close...

Eric and Flynn said...

You could always say someone is trying to ruin your reputation and the photo is superimposed. Whether anyone will believe you is a different matter.

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Deny, deny, deny! Of course the three of us will sleep together as long as Speedy is in the middle. Shh788888888888 (Sadie comment)
We just make sure when mom comes wif da camera we all run!